Hello Family Artists!
You are the few, the proud, the 118 artists of the family show!
Welcome to the resource page, where I will try to post any information that can help you participate in this fantastic group show. My art piece for this show is to collect and reflect information about all of us, the collective members of the family show, and to try and make a big ole’ family album out of some of our family photo’s and movies. I’m really excited to work with the many artists that I already know, and also all of you who are showing with Launch Pad for the first time (including the largest number of artists participating from out of state at 15)! I’ve been excited to put on this show for almost a year when the theme first came to me. I was trying to find a theme that effects us all as universally as Love does, that shapes us into the people that we are, and I looked to what forces make me into the person I am most; without my familial relationships, blood, found and sought, I would not be here today to do this show.
Feel free to modify your information (like your website or contact) in the form below, and more handy dates, times, personal advice will be added shortly!
- VIEW PREVIOUS EMAILS SENT TO THE FAMILY SHOW HERE
- SEE WAYS YOU CAN HELP OUT WITH THE FAMILY SHOW HERE
- Closing Event:
- Work Pick up Times
- To Repeat: YOUR WORK IS FORFEITED if you fail to pick it up (or make special arrangements) by November 21st
Sunday, November 1st (All Saints Day), 12-3pm
Cookies, coffee and tea provided- feel free to bring your own to share!!
Sunday, 11/ 1- (closing event, 12-3) 3-8pm
this is the best time to get your work, before we have to take it off the wall and find somewhere to set it. It is safest for the work, and most helpful to the gallery in getting ready for the next show.
Monday, 11/2, 3-6pm
Tuesday, 11/3, 3-6pm
Wednesday, 11/4, 12-6pm
11/4-11/21, By Appointment you will need to email or call ahead to set up a time to pick up.
These are the primary pick up times– please try to get your work during this period; after these times, your work will be packed in boxed and stored for TWO WEEKS ONLY (through 11/21) and available for pickup during regular gallery hours BY APPOINTMENT, after which it will become property of the gallery unless you have made special arrangements by contacting us). This may seem a little draconian, but for perspective, I still have work stored from the 1st Love show (2006) before I put this clause in place.
- All artists will be allowed to enter ONE piece only;
- All wall-based work must be wired to hang;
- Dimensions are not to exceed 2ft x 2ft x 2ft;
- The work can be in any media with interactive pieces strongly encouraged (please contact us regarding display of non-2d work)
- Please have your work SIGNED and DOCUMENTED (photographed) when you drop it off it may sell! Also, please affix a non-permanent LABEL on the back with your NAME, TITLE, and PHONE NUMBER so that if we need to contact you, we won’t have to dig through a mass of papers.
- Your work need not be for sale, but if it is, there will be a commission of 40% of the retail price.
- In order to help offset the cost of producing the show (printing cards, getting fire marshall & OLCC permits, sound gear, etc), we are asking you for a donation of $7.00, payable when you drop off your artwork in either cash or check made out to Launch Pad Gallery. We understand that times are tough, so if you can’t afford the $7.00, please contact us and we will certainly work something out.
Please download and read and if possible, print and bring to the gallery all filled out when you drop off your work:
Family Show Consignment Form
(click to download .pdf)
Please direct questions, comments, compliments and complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org
Call to artists
With our 8th bi-annual open-call group show, we enthusiastically and apprehensively invite you to explore what family means to you. It’s a complicated one. Everyone has issues with family- where we come from, who we are, who we want to become (and who we fear we will become) and where we each belong- all of these things are tied in a messy gordian knot, laced together with a heavy braid of blood, sex, history, birth, death, adventure, childhood, friendship, loss and so much more. You are invited to share a sliver of your thoughts and feelings about family in this show, but how it relates need not be clear to anyone but you.
FOR OUT OF TOWN ARTISTS
How awesome to have you in this show!
Here are the specifics that apply to you:
You pay shipping both ways, please.
If you include your return postage in stamp form, you can re-use them if your piece sells, though pre-printed mailing labels are more convenient. It’s a good idea to include tracking capabilities, and doesn’t cost much. Feel free to include business cards or show cards for us to put out.
If your piece doesn’t sell, I will attempt to mail your piece back to you within two weeks of the close of the show. I’ll include some show cards as well for your files.
Please be sure to include a removable label on your piece, and make your $7 check out to ‘Launch Pad Gallery’
You must get the work to me on time, by Thursday September 24th, at the latest!!
Because the gallery hours are sparse, I would like you to mail your piece to my home address:
Launch Pad Gallery
c/o Ben Pinkowitz
5217 NE 14th Pl.
Portland, OR 97211
I will email you when I’ve received it.
Thanks so much!
(and if you feel like it, include a note about how you heard about this show)